Monday 22 September 2014

Your Questions Answered Is The Blog Back Where Is The Book

Your Questions Answered Is The Blog Back Where Is The Book
I just wanted to take a minute to answer some of the questions I've been receiving via e-mail, Facebook, and Twitter and also thank everyone for all of the support and for continuing to visit the blog even during the months I've been away.

As you know I took a hiatus from blogging during the beginning of the summer to work on my first book which will be released next spring. However, due to the unfortunate rash of gay teen suicides, the Eddie Long scandal and your requests for me to return to cover the stories important to our community, I felt I had an obligation to push the book aside momentarily and return to Living Out Loud.

The blog was never suspended indefinitely and is a huge part of my life so it's here to stay. I'm currently finishing up the last section of the book and I hope to turn it over to the publisher before Christmas.

When Love Takes Over: A Celebration of Same Gender Loving Couples of Color will be a coffee table book featuring the lives of eighteen black gay couples in long-term relationships based on my successful Coupled Up series. I'm extremely excited to share a project with the world that is a positive reflection of our lives as black LGBT people. I hope I will have your support.

I'll most likely pull back from daily updates again as I try to birth this new project as well as preparing to begin my first semester as a journalism student. Yea!

In the meantime, feel free to peruse my commentary on For Colored Girls published by The Advocate and The Daily Voice.

Much love,

Darian



Origin: dating-coach-anita.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment