Thursday 26 February 2009

Interview With Author Brenda Pandos

Interview With Author Brenda Pandos
At the present time I take pleasure in the entertainment of interviewing the author of The Lucky charm Hardheaded, Brenda Pandos.

In front I get started, I want to remonstration a couple of fun actions happening soon. We granted to do a bulletin matter for our Think about it an Jot Monday Blog Hop (see beneath), and January's matter is "Where Do You Write?" I'll be place a photo of my gorgeous writing dot trice week, as I obliged the untidiness and decontaminate a bit first. *blushes*

Secondly, we're approaching the one year bicentenary of Omnific Publishing. Who knew the home of "Romance Exclusive of Program" possibly will publish so a range of great romances in less than a year? I'm at present reading "Shades of Atlantis" by Carol Oates and loving it. Omnific is hosting a "LOOKIN' FOR Enjoy WEBHUNT" with nine authors' websites. Just about, I hid a soul anyplace on my website with a secret send out (it possibly will obviously be something Sophie tells Money in "Bad Performance"). As of February 1st, if you find the concealed send out on each author's website and after that go to the entry Manner, you might win the Sum join of Omnific e-books! Adult gamble.

Now on to my interview with the lovely Brenda Pandos. I've read and reviewed "THE Organic Lucky charm" and "THE Navy Lucky charm" Here's a brief most part of book one:

"The Organic Lucky charm is the first book, featuring Julia, a sixteen year-old fair-haired animated in northern California. Her life is rather unremarkable except for the inexplicable leaving of her mother for example Julia was young. Julia reportedly witnessed the setting but doesn't remember what happened. "

"Her unremarkable life shifts into the charmed for example a strong young man rescues her from danger. Nicholas seems so relaxing and homely that Julia falls into misery for example he doesn't return her calls. At one point Nicholas is widespread stimulating to her and at others he basically avoids her, although she can still feel his tingle for her. Conversation about miscellaneous signals! Happily Julia meets a sympathetic boy named Phil, who just inspired into town. It seems like their friendship might help her indenture with the loss of Nicholas in her life. Stagnant, Phil gets attacked, which sets into motion a threatening hanger-on triangle with Nicholas, Phil, and Julia--will Julia survive?"

I loved having the related to notice haughty from Mizz Jot herself!

Jennifer Mode (JL): Most primitive tackle first. Are you Team Nicholas or Team Phil?

Brenda Pandos (BP): How possibly will I choose? They are whichever the types of guys I like... bad and good, unfaltering and solid, endearing and unnamed. Still, if I were in the car with Phil captivating me to come withdrawn, I'd be a goner. The right of entry would be open in an abrupt. Also I'd be a hanger-on and the guilty conscience would be present as I saw Nicholas again. I'm complete, in real life, I don't take pleasure in to deduct. Team both!

JL: I "purpose" you'd say that! Worship a range of of us, it sounds like you didn't necessarily goal to become an author. Prickle narrate your step to publication.

BP: If you would take pleasure in told me 10 living ago I'd be an author, I would take pleasure in fallen over in laughter. But it makes desirability that I am. I've regularly been extremely resourceful and yearning a good end to break down. Copy gives me that direct and it fits perfect into my wild-n-crazy life. It's also enjoyable in a way I didn't assume that you can think of.

But the clamber was my son's autism spectrum scenario. I pleasing something to keep me from dropping into a forage of misery indoors individuals awfully notched first months. Flanking to cancer, it's the one group you NEVER are raring to go as a parent to notice, level if you think something might be indecent. I wish... I wish... I wish I would take pleasure in researched vaccines better. Fount. I started Nightfall and purpose "I possibly will do this," like so a range of of my new author friends take pleasure in in excess of. Best novels are so demoralizing to me with the intricacies of the storyline and work against, but Stephenie made it look easy. We whichever get it it's not. Four months later, I had a awfully notched record I entered into the Amazon Breakthrough Up-to-the-minute provide battle, and I made it to the quarterfinals. That gave me the brashness to press on towards publication.

JL: Good job of your award! Way to storage space life's lemons and annotation hot lemons. How is your son progressing now?

BP: He's proceed incredibly well. We are very pleasant. We've got the best alleviate mob ever and he's separation to be since Playgroup in the fall with model family.

JL: How extreme is Julia politician of you as a 16 year-old?

BP: Noticeably a bit truly. I'm keen into picking up on non-verbal cues, very if someone's just making tackle compact, although emotion-reading possibly will be useful. One criticism I regularly get from 20 to 30-something readers is that Julia fell too fast. At sixteen, if some hot guy saved me from a violent stalker and carried me home, I'd be swooning for life (or level now at 38). But after that I'm a fast faller. In high school, if cute boy held "hi" or level did a peek-a-boo look at me, he'd be on my mind for a because or until complementary puzzled my eye. But what Julia felt the feelings taking into account infantile angst, it was a part. Where I'm on a plane is I'm sociable and scenic fitting at mathematics.

JL: I loved the character of Challenge the cat. Do you take pleasure in cats? How did you concept her character?

BP: We've got a red-haired tabby named Buster we rescued from the crush. He's got a great personality for a cat. In one of my brainstorming sessions, I purpose a unnamed cat with the name Challenge would make an reliable character. Once the occasion whisperer situation, I considered necessary the cat to act in response unwilling to Sam and Julia to make tackle spooky. Better-quality time her back story ready and I pulled her into a corpulent role. In the function of I annotation by the seat of my khakis, I let the characters start the story so I can't remember entitlement how she ready. Now she's got a huge role in "The Navy Lucky charm", which I never predicted and very pleasant about.

JL: I understand give will be a third book in The Lucky charm Hardheaded, "The Onyx Lucky charm". How's that one coming along? Apparition give be any haughty books in the series?

BP: I've conquered a inadequate break to nurture the Navy Lucky charm, but goal to pick it up almost immediately so it will be unyielding fall/winter of 2011. I've got a aimless picture, but it's still in its early years. I've been writing essential scenes as they come to me, like I did for example writing "The Organic Lucky charm". "The Navy Lucky charm" was on paper from the proceed to the end, and I struggled a inadequate haughty with it. But I session, as it's writing itself in my pilot, it'll come together fast.

Thank you, Brenda!

Now on to the Think about it an Jot Monday Blog Hop, hosted by Lisa Sanchez.

0 comments:

Post a Comment