Sunday 4 May 2008

Upset That Beau Is Not The Marrying Kind

Upset That Beau Is Not The Marrying Kind
DEAR AMY: I have been living with my boyfriend for about four years; we are both in our 50s. I don't understand why he hasn't asked me to marry him. We've talked about this several times (with me bringing up this subject). I end up getting upset because he gives no specific reason for not wanting to get married. We love each other very much and are really meant for each other, but he's just not interested in getting married. Both of us are divorced, and marriage just doesn't seem to be in the near future (or possibly at all) for us. He treats me well, but I sometimes feel used and underappreciated and feel I'm not good enough to be married to him. I feel insecure not being married; there is no commitment to anything. What should I do: be happily unmarried or look for another Mr. Right who is willing to commit (in time) to getting married?

Credit: mark-rayan-pua.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment